The Opelika SportsPlex and Aquatics Center is hosting their 10th annual Senior
Health and Resource Fair on Tuesday, October 4th from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. This health
fair is free and open to the public and will provide access to numerous free
services to adults ages 55 and older.
This event brings together service and resource providers so that seniors and
their caregivers can gather information relevant to their current stage in life or
plan for the future as they age. They can shop supplemental insurance providers,
meet with doctors, and get blood work done all under one roof – instead of
making multiple appointments and traveling to numerous offices over time.
“It is important for adults to feel empowered as they navigate the aging process,”
said Valeri White, SportsPlex adult activities coordinator. “We want to give them
the knowledge to advocate for their own needs and be aware of the resources
our community has available to them.”
This year’s event will provide a multitude of on-site free services for seniors
• The Southern Union State Community College Nursing Program will be
performing blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol checks and
• The East Alabama Medical Center (EAMC) Cancer Center will be doing
men’s Prostrate-Specific Antigen (PSA) bloodwork to screen for prostate
• Kindred at Home will perform balance tests to assess static balance and
• The Lions Club will provide vision screenings to look for potential vision
loss and eye disorders.
• Bubba’s Medicine Shop will be providing flu shots.
• Lee Russell Council of Governments will offer dementia screening.
• Lee County Sherriff’s Department will register participants for the Yellow
• Better Bodies Massage will be doing chair massages.
Sportsplex Senior Health Fair
Date and Time
Tuesday Oct 4, 2022 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
Tuesday, October 4th from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. This health