Food Truck Friday
Food Truck Friday is an award-winning event of the Opelika Chamber. Hosted in downtown Opelika on various Friday nights throughout the year, the Opelika Chamber welcomes food trucks, live music, vendors, and thousands of visitors who dine, drink and enjoy the community atmosphere. The event starts at 5 pm, with some trucks remaining until 11:30 pm.
Trucks will be parked along N. Railroad Avenue and 1st Avenue. You can see the complete lineup of trucks here!
New this year, Food Truck Friday is presented to our community by an awesome partner, Afni! Afni is extremely excited to be part of Food Truck Friday. They are a proud employer and member of the Opelika community and have been for over 22 years! If you are in the market for a new career, they are also hiring. Head to AfniCareers.com to apply! Their sponsorship will enable us to continue to make this event possible. We also have music sponsors each quarter, along with a dining area sponsor who is assisting with our table setup and cleanup, Lambert Moving Systems & A Reprieve for Men. We truly could not do this event without these partners!!!
2023 Food Truck Friday Dates are as follows:
- January 20th
- February 3rd
- February 17th
- March 3rd
- March 17th
- April 21st
- May 5
- May 19th
- June 16th
- July 21st
- August 4
- August 18th
- September 15th
- October 20th
- November 17th
- December 15th
- We invite all food trucks and vendors to complete the below form to provide complete details on your offerings, contact information, and more. We ask that you include a copy of your business license, health permit, and liability insurance with the application. In addition, we ask that you provide photos for social media use.
- We currently have a $25 application fee plus a food truck participation fee of $100 to help cover costs such as live music, trash cans, etc. The $25 fee will be waived for all existing members of the Opelika Chamber.
- Please fill out the Google Doc Application Form HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8FQMXw1UBxELLeuawVMEjx3oEdaPxB8YsIR27jTj38lRyeg/viewform
City of Opelika Required Forms
In the event you're new to business, you will be required to be licensed to do business in the City of Opelika. The following forms are required:
- Business License :
- You’ll need to complete the business license application with the revenue department.
- You can contact email@example.com to submit the application.
- Mobile Food Truck Application
- This document is required to serve food from a mobile food truck an dcan also be submitted to the revenue department.
- Included in this application is the requirement of your health permit, photos of your food truck, and you’ll also need to get the City of Opelika added as a certificate holder on your liability insurance.
Date and Time
Friday Mar 17, 2028 Saturday Mar 18, 2028
North Railroad Avenue